The Lakeside provides a personal and collaborative service and we strive for each event to be unique. Our venue offers a blank canvas set against the stunning backdrop of the Quantock Hills. The site offers sweeping views over the hills, a lake, trees and rolling grassland full of buttercups, all offering a range of beautiful options for some stunning and memorable wedding photographs.
We want to give you the freedom to let your imagination explore the possibilities and focus on the details that will help you realise your dream country wedding.
You will have a single point of contact at the venue who will be available in the months leading up to the day, to answer any of your queries, assist with sourcing suppliers, or consult on how to achieve a certain style or feel. When it comes to the event, we will be there to help decorate the marquee and on hand during the reception to keep an eye on proceedings and resolve any issues that arise, so you can concentrate on celebrating with your friends and family.
We have a stunning 12m x 24m Clear-span main Marquee, complete with panoramic windows, adjoining hexagonal lake-facing conservatory area - perfect for a drinks reception with our custom 4m round wooden bar!
- The marquee is adorned with Ivory linings drape throughout (star-light LED option), with black-out LED ‘starlight’ linings over the dance floor.
- Large 24’ x 18’ Oak parquet dance floor, with staging to suit your bands’ needs.
- 6mx6m catering tent with all required power, lighting and table space.
- Stainless steel up-lighters throughout the marquee, with the option of hanging pendant lighting, festoon lights, or our stunning Antler Chandeliers (made from antlers sourced from the surrounding hills)
- We have our own bespoke 4m wide round bar, which you’re welcome to use in its entirety, or in smaller configurations tailored to your needs.
Anyone worth their mustard in events will tell you lighting is key to creating a magical atmosphere – and that’s something we think we’ve honed perfectly
Pole-strung festoon lighting lines the walkway to the marquee, the edge of the lake & jetty, with uplighting making a feature of the boathouse and surrounding trees.
No evening is complete without a flicker of naked flame, so to top it all off we’ve got our Corten steel fire pits and Nordic candles ready for when the sun drops behind the hills.